1 a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch [ant: roughness]
2 the quality of being free from errors or interruptions
- The condition of being smooth.
Smooth could mean many things, including:
- Smooth (magazine)
- Smooth function, a function that is infinitely differentiable, used in calculus and topology.
- Smooth number, a number whose prime factors are all less than a certain value, used in applications of number theory.
- Smooth jazz, a subset of jazz music.
- Smooth (song), a hit song by Santana featuring Rob Thomas.
- Smooth FM, a radio station network in England.
- Smooth manifold.
- Smoothing, a statistical technique for handling data.
- Smooth criminal, a song by Michael Jackson.
- Draught beer served with nitrogen.
- Juanita Stokes, (aka "Smooth" or "The Female Mack") a rapper/singer infamous for her hit "Mind blowin'".
smoothness in Russian: Гладкость